hope to share with you our love of Aromatherapy"
is the art and science of using essential oils to help balance and relax
our bodies, minds and spirits. Aromatherapy can also induce feelings of
general well being, reduce stress and physical discomfort. Aromatherapy
is a gentle, safe and effective traditional practice without the toxic
effects of pharmaceuticals.
DOES AROMATHERAPY WORK?
Essential oils are produced by tiny glands in the petals, leaves, stems,
bark and wood of many plants, trees and herbs. In nature, they are
released slowly but when crushed or heated, these oil glands burst
releasing the aroma more strongly. These essential oils are extracted by
various methods to leave a pure essential oil and fall into four
Stimulating: to invigorate the body and raise the spirits
2) Sedative: to relax and calm the body and mind
3) Regulating: to regulate the main bodily functions
4) Euphoric: to uplift emotions
These can be used in any
of the following ways:
1) By massage: oils can penetrate the skin and are absorbed into the body fluids and bloodstream to work
2) By aroma alone: this is believed to have the quickest beneficial
effect as smell has been shown to have an immediate effect on the brain,
almost instantly releasing desired hormones
3) By inhalation: to help clear the head, again working on the brain
4) By adding to baths: working at two levels by inhalation and by
absorption into the skin
5) By use of skin products, compresses etc..